Volunteering is a great way to get involved and support a local Mental Health charity. At Mind in Mid Herts we offer rewarding voluntary roles to help you create connections with the people around you and give back to the wider community. Alongside our staff we have over 60 volunteers providing support. Our valued Volunteers contribute to a wide range of projects from one to one support to helping with administration. By giving up as little as one or two hours a week you can help make a big difference to someone’s life, helping them rebuild their confidence and self-esteem and reducing social isolation.
If you have time on your hands, possess a positive attitude and enjoy listening to people we could have the opportunity for you. We aim to make the volunteering experience a positive one. You become part of our team, gain new skills, share existing ones, enhance your CV and have fun.
Volunteering Opportunities include:
• Course Assistants – facilitate or co-facilitate our weekly social support groups and courses
• Office admin or reception
• Ad hoc fundraising and events
• Gardening – our allotment needs volunteers once a week to manage
• Student placement or work experience
• Trustees – We are particularly looking for people who could spare 1 or 2 days a month to get involved with staff and projects. We have 4 meetings a year and we have sub group meetings between the main full meetings.
If you would like to know more about the roles and becoming a volunteer please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01727 865070/01438 369216
To download a volunteer application form click here(Word).
For Counselling Placement requests please address the Application to Ms Jo Williams, Counselling Coordinator Mind in Mid Herts 11 Hatfield Road St Albans AL1 3RR or email@example.com