Our commitment to you
- We will always respect your personal information and privacy.
- All information which is shared is confidential, subject to the following conditions:
- All staff working at Mind in Mid Herts are required to have supervision for ongoing professional development. Individual cases and information might be discussed as part of this process, but service users’ anonymity will be protected at all times.
- Project Officers have access to service users’ files to monitor and report on the services.
- Staff and volunteers are not permitted to keep secrets. They are bound by a duty of care to share any information which might give any cause for concern.
To comply with the new General Data Protection Regulation, we have procedures and technologies in place so by making a written request you can exercise your:
- Right to be informed about how we collect and use your information.
- Right of access: We have an ‘open file’ process which enables you to access all your records whenever you wish.
- Right to rectification and data quality: We will ensure that the personal data we hold remains up-to-date and accurate.
- Right to erasure: We have processes in place to securely dispose of personal data that is no longer required, or where you have asked for it to be erased. However, please note that Mind in Mid Herts is subject to laws governing retention periods.
- Right to object to the use of your personal data: We will not use your data for direct marketing without your positive consent. You also have the right to restrict our processing of your data while we address any objection you raise.
- Right to data portability: We will provide your data to a new or additional service provider if you so wish.