We are an innovative and experienced provider of mental health services in Mid Hertfordshire and have our well being centres in St. Albans, Stevenage, Hertford and Welwyn Garden City. As both individuals and as an organisation we are committed to providing high quality services for people aged 16 and over.
A national Stay Well This Winter campaign launched in October. This is aimed at helping people stay well during the winter months when people are often more vulnerable to becoming unwell. The campaign is particularly aimed at those with long-term health conditions, people over 65, pregnant women and parents of young children.
We are supporting the campaign here in West Hertfordshire and encouraging people to:
· Seek immediate advice and help from a pharmacist as soon as you feel unwell, before it gets more serious
· Make sure you get your prescription medicines well before pharmacies close on 24 December
· Always take prescribed medicines as directed
· Keep yourself warm – heat your home to at least 18 degrees C (or 65F)
· Get your flu jab if you are eligible
· Keep an eye on elderly or frail friends, neighbours and relatives
· If you need medical help fast or you are not sure where to go, call NHS 111
The campaign activity will raise awareness so together we can help everyone stay well this winter.
We have a volunteering opportunity for a skilled DIY expert, to help at our centre in St Albans with odd jobs and general maintenance. Would suit a retired person looking to give a few hours of time each week to help others.
For more details contact Sonia on 01727 865070 or email Sonia@mindinmidherts.org.uk
Along with St Albans Museums and Galleries Trust, MiMH were joint beneficiaries of the St. Albans law firms second annual charity week. Hats, curries ,bingo and baking helped the staff to raise over £2,200 which was matched by Debenhams Ottaway.
Bernadette a planning partner with Debenhams Ottawy took part in the Cycle Cuba Challenge and together with 80 other cycling enthusiasts completed the 400km ride across Cuba. Bernadette raised over £3,000 for MiMH.
A big thank you to all who attended and supported our Walk for Wellbeing on World Mental Health Day. We raised £953 mainly through sponsorship and just giving’
Learn how to bring the mind to rest:
6 Week Course
- Understand the basics of mindful living
- Learn simple meditation techniques
- Practice mindful meditation
- Reap the benefits of physical, emotional and mental health that mindfulness can provide
Day/Dates: Thursday 5 Nov – 17 Dec (6wks)
(no session 3 December) – Enrolment 29th October
Time: 1:30— 3.00pm
Location: YMCA Space centre (YMCA hostel), Peartree lane, Welwyn Garden City. AL7 3UL
Fee: £2 per week
How to book: Telephone 01992 584387/ Email: email@example.com
A six week course starting Tuesday 20th October 2015
Venue: The Stevenage Wellbeing Centre, 13 Town Square, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 1BP
Phone: 01438 369216
Time: 10.30 – 12 Cost: £20
Booking is essential. If you would like to book your place, or for further information, please contact us on the phone number above.
Come and join us and learn some new skills!
Every Wednesday – 1:30pm to 3pm at the Hertford Resource Centre
1st Floor, The Seed Warehouse, The Wash, Hertford, SG14 1PX
Tel: 01992 584387
Starts 21st October 2015
Cost £2 per session, no need to book
6-week CBT course, in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, supported by an experienced and qualified facilitator
Topics covered will include:
- * What anxiety is and why it occurs
- * Identifying and challenging unhelpful thinking
- * Understanding the relationship between thoughts, feelings and behaviour
- * Learning techniques for managing anxiety
Tues 20th October – Tues 25th November 2015, 10am – 11.30am
At the United Reformed Church, Church Road, Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6PS
COURSE FEE £20. TO BOOK YOUR PLACE:
Telephone: 01707 326065 or 01727 865070
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com