Spot the Signs and Save a Life
Let’s all work together to prevent suicide
What is Spot the Signs and Save a Life?
We are a suicide prevention campaign, helping to remove the stigma of talking openly about suicide. We provide training courses and signpost to mental health services available in Hertfordshire.
We aim to:
- Increase public awareness of depression and suicide in Hertfordshire
- Remove the stigma linked with suicide
- Provide suicide prevention training to GPs, healthcare providers and the voluntary sector in Hertfordshire
- Work with companies to create safer workplaces
- Signpost to mental health services available in Hertfordshire
Our ambition of zero suicides in Hertfordshire is consistent with the national suicide prevention strategy for England. We also aim to improve support for those bereaved or affected by suicide.
Our vision is to make Hertfordshire a county where no one ever gets to a point where they feel suicide is their only option. Please note that we are not a crisis service.
In an emergency dial 999 or call Samaritans 116 123
Keep in touch with Spot the Signs and Save a Life by following us @SpotSignSuicide
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit our website www.hpft.nhs.uk/spot-the-signs.
The Spot the Signs and Save a Life is a suicide prevention campaign jointly funded by the Strategic Clinical Network across the East of England, and the East and North CCG in Hertfordshire. The campaign is managed and delivered by Mind in Mid Herts in partnership with Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) and Hertfordshire Mind Network.
Upcoming Suicide Prevention Training Dates:
Fully funded one-day training course for voluntary sector employees.
The training will:
- Increase awareness and knowledge
- Introduce practical steps about how to respond
- Make you feel more confident in spotting the signs of suicide
- 26 January Welwyn Garden City 10am-4pm
- 23 February Hitchin 10am-4pm
- 23 March Potters Bar 10am-4pm
- 27 April Abbots Langley 10am-4pm
- 25 May Ware 10am-4pm
To book your place please email your preferred training date to:
email@example.com or call 01727 865070.
The training is very popular so there is a cancellation fee for no-shows of £10.