Spot the Signs and Save a Life
Let’s all work together to prevent suicide
What is Spot the Signs and Save a Life?
We are a suicide prevention campaign, helping to remove the stigma of talking openly about suicide. We provide training courses and signpost to mental health services available in Hertfordshire.
We aim to:
- Increase public awareness of depression and suicide in Hertfordshire
- Remove the stigma linked with suicide
- Provide suicide prevention training to GPs, healthcare providers and the voluntary sector in Hertfordshire
- Work with companies to create safer workplaces
- Signpost to mental health services available in Hertfordshire
Our ambition of zero suicides in Hertfordshire is consistent with the national suicide prevention strategy for England. We also aim to improve support for those bereaved or affected by suicide.
Our vision is to make Hertfordshire a county where no one ever gets to a point where they feel suicide is their only option. Please note that we are not a crisis service.
In an emergency dial 999 or call Samaritans 116 123
Keep in touch with Spot the Signs and Save a Life by following us @SpotSignSuicide
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit our website www.hpft.nhs.uk/spot-the-signs.
The Spot the Signs and Save a Life is a suicide prevention campaign jointly funded by the Strategic Clinical Network across the East of England, and the East and North CCG in Hertfordshire. The campaign is managed and delivered by Mind in Mid Herts in partnership with Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) and Hertfordshire Mind Network.